Victoria Harbour Terms and Conditions
The MIFF x Victoria Harbour Instagram Competition (“Competition”)
Entry into the Competition is subject to acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out below:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is FILMFEST LIMITED Trading As MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL(ABN 12 0063 919 02) Level 3, 290 Collins Street, Block Court, Melbourne, VIC, 3000, telephone 03 8660 4888 (“Promoter” or “MIFF”).
- An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- The Competition commences on31st July 2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 14th August 2017 (“Competition Period”).
- MIFF will contact the winner via Instagram direct messaging. Once the winner accepts, the winner will be announced on 18th August via social media.
- All Films submitted to the Competition must meet the criteria (“Criteria”) in all respects including the following:
- All Films must adhere to the stimulus as outlined at miff.com.au/victoriaharbour
- The Film must be no longer than 60 seconds and uploaded to Instagram with the hashtag #MIFFxVictoriaHarbour and tag @victoriaharbour and @melbfilmfest.
- Films that do not meet the Criteria should not be submitted and will not be considered by MIFF.
- Entries are deemed received once uploaded to Instagram with inclusion of the Criteria above. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an entrant on transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems resulting from any entrant’s participation or sending or receiving of any communications or materials related to the Competition. The Promoter has no obligation to acknowledge any entry.
- MIFF will select judges to choose the winner and their decision is final.
- MIFF’s decision and declaration of the Winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into. MIFF can refuse to accept an entry in its absolute discretion.
- The Prize shall consist of the following:
- A MIFF Premium Membership for 2018 which includes:
- Complimentary Festival Passport offering access to every standard session (Please note: special events are not included)
- Reserved seating at every standard session
- Opening Night Gala invitation for you and a guest
- Closing Night Gala invitation for you and a guest
- Double pass to Member preview screenings year round
- Exclusive Premium Members’ dinner event
- Free films - at least 12 exclusive Members’ Screenings year round.
- Concession entry at MIFF cinema partners
- Discounted Mini Passes and tickets for the festival
- Priority queuing at festival venues
- Exclusive ability to buy a Festival Passport - ensuring entry into every single MIFF session.
- Access to the Member-only two day festival pre-sale
- Invitation to the Festival Launch
- Exclusive festival insights and giveaways in the regular Members eNews
- A Go Pro Hero 5 including:
- HERO5 Session Camera, Standard Frame, Mounting Buckle, Curved and Flat Adhesive Mounts, USB-C Cable.
- A Dining Voucher including:
- $200 voucher for a Victoria Harbour dining experience at one of Victoria Harbour’s restaurants (Restaurant TBC).
The total value of the Prize is $2150
- The Prize is not able to be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by any supplier of the Prize to the Promoter.
- If the Winner does not claim the Prize by 16th August 2017, the Prize is forfeited and a new winner may be chosen by the Promoter.
- Any decision made by MIFF in respect of the Competition including cancelling the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting the Festival.
- If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- The Applicant agrees to indemnify MIFF and hold them harmless from any damages, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses, obligations or claims (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of the breach of the Applicant’s agreements, obligations, representations and warranties under these Terms and Conditions.
- As a condition of claiming the Prize, the Winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or reward suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event the Winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such Winner will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
- In the event the Winner is under the age of 18 at the time of the 2018 Melbourne International Film Festival (2-19 August 2018), the Winner acknowledges that their access to film screenings at the 2018 Festival will be subject to the age restrictions associated with each film’s classification. Any unclassified films screened at the festival are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- By submitting the Video to the Competition, the Applicant hereby warrants and represents that:
- the Video is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Applicant has obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorisations or waivers of any kind necessary for the inclusion or reproduction of any person, character, location, thing, trade-mark, sound recording, musical composition or other work in the Video;
- the Video does not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.